Hey.
So obviously my P day is Tuesday. We only get 30 minutes of email exactly before the computer auto kicks us off. Unfortunately they don't account for time that the computer takes to load or any of that so I lost 5 minutes just trying to access my email account.
The food here isn't bad but isn't the best either. You just sort of find something you like and stick with it. The portions they give us are good but sometimes it feels like they give us too much food. Sundays and Wednesdays are the best though because that's ice cream day for everyone. Usually one of the lines just has something I enjoy like a chicken sandwich or cheeseburger. The other lines have things like pork ribs or shepard's pie.
Yeah. I've seen Elder Hays a few times. He is in my zone so I don't see him too often but there are so many people here that we have all become friends.
I've seen Seth twice and he is doing really good. He has had some great advice and knows the things to do here at the MTC. Danny and I have the same lunch but you sit with your missions so I don't see too much of him. He broke his thumb while out here so he has to stay in the MTC for an extra 6 weeks. I can barely do 6 days! 15 weeks here would almost be a nightmare.
Yes all my clothes are hung up.
Yeah. I got the package you sent me. And while my district really enjoyed all of the cookies and chocolates you sent, we don't have all that much time to spend in our residance halls. So if you could please refrain from sending food in the future. Thanks. :)
Going to the Provo Temple this afternoon.
We walked up to it Sunday and got a lot of pictures which was nice but really looking forward to doing a session here.
Sleeping fine.
Schedule isn't too bad. Following the rules here has already blessed me a lot.
I just have a Sprite bottle for right now. I'll probably get a water bottle when I really need it.
Store is really good. We forgot to get me some scriptures but the $50 set here was only $20. We get huge discounts on everything and I've had to buy a lot of books and supplies for studying but it has barely put a dent into my funds. There are some books I wish the MTC gave us instead of others. Like we have these two manuals that we were told we wouldn't use at all while we were here but there was a $20 verb book that I've used every day since being here that I had to buy.
When they say P-Day gives you a lot of time to write, they didn't really mean it. I barely have time to get this email out to you before having to do wash or going to the temple. The last 15 minutes of the day are good for getting a few words out but email is much more efficient. Hoping to get more letters out soon. Tell Nana and Opa, Grandma and Grandpa that I'll write them when I can get the time but time here just moves so fast.
It snowed yesterday and I think I've only seen the sky twice. It is already cloudy and sitting in a classroom all day doesn't help but we make up for it with the Spirit and with the good times. The showers here are nice but instead of running out of hot water, we seem to run out of cold water. So if you want a non-scalding shower you have to get up earlier than usual. Gym time is also pretty sweet. I'm getting really good at volleyball and really serving it to the right spot.
Well, I'm almost out of time and we have to get going to our next thing, so I'll try to write later this week but I'll for sure email next week and answer all the other questions.
Say hi to everyone for me and have a great time in Colorado.
Love, Anziano Rockwood


No comments:
Post a Comment