Hey Fam!
Here are two newer pictures. One is from District Conference.
The other is from good old Florence!
![]() |
Hopefully I can show you all these places someday. Everything here is just super pretty.
In the musuem we saw two very famous paintings.
Both of those were super cool.
The transfer calls are in and I......
Am staying here in Prato with Bartholomew. So we get to do another 7 weeks together since this transfer is longer than the last one. But Prato should be doing good. We have a baptism this Saturday.... Then another baptism next Saturday! The first one is this Hungarian lady we are working with. The language barrier has been hard but she has a good testimony. The only problem is that she has an abusive husband. So our WML is kinda hiding her right now and right after the baptism she is going back to Hungary to get a divorce. The husband has approached us about all this and the police are aware of everything but it is still pretty sketchy! We are safe though and no need to worry. Everything will go smoothly.
Speaking of sketch-really quick.... We might get to teach Lord Voldemort. No joke. But I can't talk about this contact for Italian legal reasons. Needless to say we have someone who wants to learn the gospel but we have to meet with him in secret and the Italian government won't let us give more details than this.
Other than that, in no-sketchy baptism news, the next week baptism is this super awesome woman named "G". She is 23, married, has a 4 year old son. Her testimony is super strong as well. She just hasn't been able to get baptized because her husband doesn't want her paying tithing. But we learned that if she has a desire to pay, but can't because of something that would cause more problems with the family, then she can get baptized. Area Presidency approved. So that will be super awesome as well.
Another thing that has come to mind. I met someone the other day here named.... "Rocky"? He says that he knows the Elders because of someone who served here a long time ago. A certain Doug Fisher who lives in Fort Collins, Colorado. So I was wondering, if Brother Fisher served here in Prato during his mission, is there anyone he would like me to look up while I am here? Kinda weird to have that pop up, but was cool at the same time.
Other than that. I am probably going to go out to Pisa this transfer as well as Cinque Terre. Those should be some fun P-Day adventures. I also have some things I need to send home so I'll try and wrap up a quick package, not too much, to send on home.
To answer questions. Don't get the international permit unless I go AP because there are no cars I can drive here. Bikes stay in cities not with missionaries.
I learned how to play
but we don't have time for practice and the branches I have been in have a pianist. You can send letters to me. (Speaking of Ryan, ask him if there is a Sister Black in his mission, because that is the fiance of my trainer) Weather is getting warm and fun. Jackets are really lame now because of it though.
Other things. Tori be good with dating. Go to Seminary for the right reasons. What is going on with your research paper? Why don't you write anymore?
Mark. My companion is a cross country runner and he runs the 800. He is excited to hear that you are running. He says be persistent and practice every day. Also, any cool movies I have missed? Or games? Or music?
Dad. Good luck with more responsibility and stuff. Our super legit WML just became the 1st counselor in the District Presidency. But I know that all callings are by inspiration. Sounds awesome that you get to work with Matt again. Has he ever grown his beard back?
Mom. Keep up the good work. Really a lot of the main letter is a response to you. So I don't have anything in particular to say except you are awesome.
Nana and Opa. Why is Mark not doing all the stuff I used to do? Say hi to Rob's family for me. Have them write me or something.
Love you all. Italian quote of the week: "Cu'è?!!!!!" (Key Eh[Canadian Eh]) Who is it?!!!!! Most common phrase we hear.
Anziano Rockwood




No comments:
Post a Comment