The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Italy Milan Mission
March 2011-2013

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10 minutes

Another week, a lot of stuff and I have no idea where to begin.
How about with investigators and how the work is doing there.
Start off with D since she is doing super awesome. In fact, she is doing so well that she will be baptized next Thursday! She wants to be baptized for the reason of knowing that this Church is true and so she is pushing her baptism from June 25th to April 5th to get baptized here. That will be really cool. Kinda weird though because this will mean all of the baptisms I have seen here have been of strainieri. No Italians..... Portuguese, Houndurian, Hungarian, Phillipian, Romanian..... Guess I was sent here to help non-Italians instead of Italians.
A.... Has been dropped because she won't quit smoking or drinking. Yes she has made progress in lessening her intake of these things but won't go any farther. For this we have decided to go from teaching her 4 times a week to only once until she is able to make enough progress to only drink 1L of wine a day or 1 pack of cigerettes. We hope she is able to do it.
I continues to do well. He knows these things are true but he has a few irrational fears about being baptized. He thinks he will baptized and then choose to be baptized in another church later. Any advice on what we can tell him about this? That it isn't really that big of a problem but he just thinks it is.
G..... I don't know what to do with her so I need some help. Mom, dad, I'm sending another email to you about her and what help I could use.
Other than that, the work goes on well. We had a super awesome miracle one hour before an appointment. Right in the morning too when everything is weird to do. Do we do area book? Do make phone calls? No. We decide to walk the 15 minutes to the park, do 10 minutes there and then walk back for our ride to the appointment. What does God do with this 10 minutes you may ask? He blesses us with a young couple who are looking for direction and peace in their life. When we get in the way, God puts people right in front of us.
Pretty sweet miracle and there are many more just like it everyday!
Besides that, we did a scambio this week and I got to do some work with Anziano Stanley again. We are doing a scambio with the ZLs tomorrow and that should be good.
The branch here is super awesome and we love them to death. They do way too much for us. In fact we haven't had a WML for a while now but the branch still helps us and they are seeing the work we are doing ourselves. Because of this, they are doing more missionary work and trying to do the most they can. Just all around miracles.
Today we are in Florence and we are just going to walk around. I sent the package last Thursday and they said it would arrive by this Thursday. So expect that in the mail. Next zone conference is coming up this next month, so I'll get the package you sent finally. Just missed it by a few hours. Besides that there isn't anything new going on. Just living life and doing work.
Buona settimana a tutti e ci sentiamo mercoledì,Anziano Rockwood

No comments:

Post a Comment