So this week has probably been one of the craziest weeks ever. Huge miracles and awesomeness all around.
I actually have only been with Cleveland for 3 days. We did a 2 day scambio with Pistoia this week and I was with Winward here in Prato. So the newest Prato missionary has served just as long in another city than his own! But it was good. We did the scambio because we needed to do a baptismal interview for A. She's been making huge progress and has stopped smoking, moved out from her fiance, and stopped drinking. However she didn't pass question 4 on the baptismal interview questions..... So we called President Wolfgramm and he will be doing the interview in about 2 weeks. Bartholomew and I never thought that she would be baptized to be honest. From 4 packs of cigerettes everyday, breaking the law of chastity with everyone, and drinking 8 liters of wine everyday to absolute obedience has been huge! In fact, we were so unsure of her baptism (call us unbelieving) that Bartholomew and I swore to shave our legs if she did make it! So expect some funny pictures in a few weeks.
Our other investigators are going strong as well. S has expressed a desire to be baptized and he talks about how he just feels more peaceful when we talk with him. His mother-in-law died a few days ago but he really liked the Plan of Salvation and how he will see her again.
D is also progressing very well. Her son is named Nephi because she used to be married to a member of the church. Divorced now unfortunately. But she wants to be baptized and be a member of the church!
G is still doing all right. Her husband is now getting super mad when she comes to church and tells her it is a waste of time. I don't understand why we even need his permission to baptize her. However, her son is getting better. The other day she had a miracle while giving him his bath. He asked her to leave for a moment. So she did. When she came back in 2 minutes she asked what he was doing and he said "Sto pregando Gesu." (I was praying to Jesus). So that was a huge miracle. We are actually going to do a branch fast for her. If you want to join you can. It won't be this Sunday but the Sunday after that.
X also had a miracle moment. Her parents are finally opening up about the whole baptism thing and might come to the branch activity this Sunday. She has actually made huge progress and actually gained her testimony through attendance at church. She told us that every time she comes, she recieves an answer to a question, or a solution to a problem from that week, or simply a feeling that everything will be all right. (By the way mom, they are "lessons" now, not discussions)
We end up teaching the new member lessons for about 6 months after baptism to a year after. We actually had a super powerful lesson yesterday with a couple that was baptized 9 months ago. We talked about the Temple and the ordinances we performed there. I don't think I can recall a moment that I felt the Spirit more. It was very powerful and they had a huge desire to go to the Temple. We actually set up something with them to go and talk to the branch president to see if they would be able to go to Switzerland for the Temple there.
Being Senior Comp is different but not really. I feel like I am simply moving my secretary skills from telling the district leader to make phone calls to me making phone calls. Although it has been interesting taking charge in lessons and having to make the bigger decisions. But Cleveland is actually only one transfer beneath me so we are both about the same level. And no dad, I am not quite a master at the language now. But I do talk more so I am learning quicker. Most missionaries don't have a master of the language before they even train! For example, there was a missionary in his 3rd transfer who barely spoke the language who was asked to be a trainer. Language mastery =/= role in missionary work. But I am sure it helps.
Only send my birthday package at this point. The costs for packages have skyrocketed. It now costs about half the value of a package just on custom fees. So don't send anything but letters. However, I already have some things I need for the birthday package (deoderant, some teeth whitening stuff [most missionaries use the Crescent white strips], achne stuff, and anything that can get me looking fine for when I come back home).
Yes, the Temple in Rome would have English for all the Africans and tourists. Plus I would like to see southern Italy and take you all through northern Italy. Would be awesome to do it all.
Rain has settled in and actually keeps us from going out a few times due to the intesity. However it only shows up when we don't have appointments. Then when we do, it clears up, comes right back after we head inside. Super weird.
Say hi to everyone for me and keep up the awesome work at home. I'm praying for you all and getting ready for this next transfer which should be awesome!
Anziano Rockwood
No comments:
Post a Comment