I'm trying to think of what we did this past week. Everything is just becoming a blur now that I've passed my year mark. Days go faster and now weeks too. I don't get it. I feel like just yesterday I was sitting here emailing you all.
I guess the coolest things this week are that our branch president completely chastised the branch here. A city up north (Bergamo) is opening up another ward. He talked about how they only had 100,000+ people and three wards, while Prato has 200,000+ and only one branch! So he promised the branch that if they would get us 5 referrals, then one of them would be baptized. This totally set us up to show them our new stuff on what we wanted to do for the branch this transfer. We bought a new map and pinned it up with where all the members live (active and less active). We showed that to the branch presidency and they were super impressed. We then signed ourselves up to go search for all the less actives so the branch could spend more time bringing them back instead of looking for them. We also got to show them our flag. For this transfer, our zone is making a "Title of Liberty" with our vision on it (4 baptisms, 2 dates [for our city]) then showing it to members so that they know our goal. Then the members sign it and commit to giving away a Book of Mormon. Really been super cool. The branch presidency loved it and are looking to keep the ball rolling.
We also got to go bowling yesterday with the Tavenari family. They are American and he plays basketball for the team in Pistoia. They love the missionaries and they asked President Wolfgramm if they could take us and Pistoia bowling. It was fun to do something normal for once.
Other than that, we are doing are super fast this weekend (and yes mom, every ward/branch in the world do fast sunday the first sunday, it came from the First Presidency afterall). We are going to be fasting for 3 reasons this time.
1. G's husband will have a softened heart and allow her to get baptized.
2. X's parents will have a softened heart and allow her to get baptized.
3. A will stop smoking and get baptized.
Those are our goals and we are hoping to see major blessings come through.
Today we are back in Florence and we are going to go see Micaelangelo's house. Should be fun.
Still haven't heard from Tori on how her paper is going. Also congrats on the Personal Progress.
Next week is Zone Conference (the 9th), so any letters needed to be sent a few days ago. I won't be emailing until Thursday too. Also will be learning what to do Mother's Day.
Say hi to John for me when he gets home.
I'll add Grandma to our prayer list as well.
Thanks for everything and talk to you next week!
Anziano Rockwood
No comments:
Post a Comment